Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2017 XG 750A with 8000km on, it was about to get its second maintenance service.

So on a hot day I did some 300km of normal riding (revs sub 6k, cruising at 4) and once I stopped I noticed right side of the engine all splashed with oil. I found that it was coming from oil filter housing. I took the bike to dealership, they told me that oil was coming from "breather bolts" (not sure if I'm using the right term here) and that probably it was me riding too aggressively. The problem got worse even under milder riding, so I took it to dealership again. They couldn't find anything wrong or obviously out of tune. The only thing they figured was to adjust valves. Just did another 200km at 120 km/h - oil spitting again. Anyone has a clue where the problem is at?

Thank you sirs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They made some more tweaks and also drained the oil level down to lower limit, but after good 200km, moderate pace, she puked oil again

The dealership also checked the compression level and apparently it was as good as new

So all of this remains a mystery...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I had the same problem with my 18 street rod .. come to find out it's the little black tube in the air filter it's self ..has something to do with leaking around it and dripping in the filter.... This was in my case ... Just maybe it can help someone else...

·
Registered
2 Posts
They made some more tweaks and also drained the oil level down to lower limit, but after good 200km, moderate pace, she puked oil again

The dealership also checked the compression level and apparently it was as good as new

So all of this remains a mystery...
I have the exact same issue with my bike right now.. it's at the dealership but they cannot figure it out either. Did anything ever get solved with your bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine just did this also. 5th time I ever took out the bike.
Did you do anything abnormal? I'm trying to pinpoint what was different about my last ride that might have caused it.. were you holding high rpm's? Not letting it warm up? Anything abnormal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts