Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.
Within the next week or two, Im picking buying either a SG or RG. Just curious if any one has installed XM radio on their bikes? I have XM in my pickup and would love to have it on my bike too, just cant find any info about it. Anything out there? Thanks!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
I'll be getting the GPS that has the xm built in it also has traffic & weather through xm

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
IMHO, that's the best way to do it. Buy the Zumo 665 with built in XM, but you will want the Interface Module as well. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Cheaper ways to do it, sure, but this is a very clean install, which is important to me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I just added a docking station on my RG. The same radio I use in my truck and on my boom box. The antenna is mounted on the top of my radio under the fairing. All sorts of ways to mount both the antenna and docking stations. By the way, pick the RG.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't been able to find an XM system you can add to the factory stereo on the bike. I had one of those for my old pickup. Must not be such a thing. I checked out the Zumo, I dont think I'll be paying $650 for it. I dont need GPS that bad!
Jack6hd, Which XM player do you have for yours??

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I haven't been able to find an XM system you can add to the factory stereo on the bike. I had one of those for my old pickup. Must not be such a thing. I checked out the Zumo, I dont think I'll be paying $650 for it. I dont need GPS that bad!
Boom! Audio XM Satellite Radio Kit-76404-06 | Audio | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Not cheap. But it's a super clean install. It'd be the only way I would go. Completely invisible and fully operated with the existing controls.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

FWIW, I wouldn't give up my GPS. Period.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The one thing to keep in mind if you go XM via the Zumo is you will always have to have the GPS on the bike if you want XM. I almost went that way but decided against it for that reason. I wanted to be able to have XM without having to always have the Zumo installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts