Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Added this to the collection about a month ago. Handles good, brakes good, is comfortable and has enough power to keep me entertained. Added an S&S Grand National slip (no one makes a full system as of yet that's not $1K) and a FP3 with some Auto Tuning. Still harping FuelMoto to get a base tune for the Power Vision but they have yet to see a SR in the shop. S&S just released the Stealth intake which is on the way. Added an R&G radiator guard to rid the bike of a bit of weight and clean up the look, a Free Spirits sprocket guard and a tail tidy. I have sent the requested pics to Oberon to get adjustable levers made. Dunlop Q3 Plus Sportmax tires will be mounted up for spring.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Installed a CNC lever set and the one and only intake available for the Street Rod.....the S&S Stealth. Opted for the wrinkle black "muscle" cover. Got a ride in today......probably the last of the season. This is a very bad thing because between the modified tune V&H's sent me and S&S intake this is like a whole new bike. ZERO decel popping, pulls from any throttle position, much better throttle response and revs up quicker. 'Tis going to be a long winter. The levers are not only lighter than the OEM units they are adjustable and helped the feeling of the front brakes. Not bad for $50.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I am very glad you like this bike. Haven't seen/heard much about the SR series. I'd LOVE to get my daughter on one.

As you do updates, please keep posting 'em up!

Reactions: 1/2 Ton

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Look up Street specific forums (there is one). Much more information there.

I can say the Street Rod is built for folks under 5'10".

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
My son has the XG750 and is 6'1" tall. Added the tall boy seat and no problems for coming up on 4 years.

Good roll around town bike. Save him a lot of money on gas going back and forth to work.

There is also nothing in the form of maintaining it that you cannot do yourself. So he has learned to take care of it in the process.

hdstreetforums.com is the bike specific site. I am a moderator on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,289 Posts
Hmmmmm went to check. Domain is for sale.

·
Evil Clown
752 Posts
Hdstreetforums.com. Bob forgot the S at the end of forum.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
Fixed it. Thanks

I am there when someone flags a post or a new short term member is in desperate need of being banned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: modular

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I pointed one out just yesterday and they are gone-zoed. So, go ahead.....be my guest. :laughing

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
I pointed one out just yesterday and they are gone-zoed. So, go ahead.....be my guest. :laughing
Yep that was me. Two of you reported the IP addy link.

·
Registered
860 Posts
My wife owned a 2015 Street 750 and really enjoyed it. She now rides a 2016 Forty-Eight. The Street 750 was a nice bike . . . we added the "Reach" seat and handlebars as she is only 5'3". Lost a little bit of comfort on the seat, but all in all, a nice bike!

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is quite a disparity between the standard Street and the Street Rod. That's like comparing a 1200R Sportster and my XR1200.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
The street rod II has decent increase in power.

Ride is the same to me, just the power is a lot better.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I rode a Street 750 a couple years back. That handled and rode nothing like the Street Rod. The slow floppy steering is one big difference not to mention the foot position and very low lean angle. I ride pretty aggressively so I choose bikes appropriate for that......as long as it's a Harley. I have a thing for unpopular H-D's. I have one metric that does not get ridden much anymore. I can't be balled up for any length of time anymore.

See a theme here?

And the odd man out.......

·
Asylum Inmate
11,655 Posts
It that an original vrsc street rod or did you add mids to a vrsca?

I love my 03 VRSCA

I liked my XG750 for the 300 miles i had it, my son borrowed it and its never returned home.

I did not find a big different in the streed rod II and the street other than power. But I dont really notice the foot position thing and my corning is always the same. Which is set by the cowling on the VRSCA for the most part.

Never rode the XR1200 but i have a friend that rides one full duel sport adventure. Does well, but bitches it is top heavy.

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That, my friend, is a bonafide 2006 VRSCR. Purchased it brand new and I will never part with it.

The short ride I had on the Street 750 I was dragging the pegs. While I have replaced the foot pegs on the Street Rod with Oberon units I have to really try to drag anything. The OEM tires are the limiting factor right now. Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's will be going on in spring.

All Sportsters are top heavy unfortunately.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts