·
Asylum Inmate
11,564 Posts
Very cool that you have a real R

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,224 Posts
Inverted forks and noticeably higher ground clearance. I believe the R was the only VRSC to have inverted forks until the F models came out.

So you're liking the Street more than the R?

BTW were you boomer or fast attack?

SSN myself...

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The bikes have two completely different rides. They pretty much did the same tweeks to the Street Rod as they did to the R. The VRSCR is obviously heavier and steers/rides as such but pulls like a train and is still fun in the corners. The Street Rod is light and nimble on it's "feet" and can really dance in the twisties. With the stage one stuff it's got enough power to get a rider in trouble if they aren't paying attention. The weak link right now is the tires. I will be installing a set of Pirelli Diablo Rosso II's in the spring.

SSN-700

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,224 Posts
Nice

SSN-693 and -753 here.

Dude I worked with had an R, but he was too timid to ride it properly, and legs were too short, was tiptoed at the stoplights. Ride height was way higher than my DX, wondered how it cornered with a better lean angle, but wouldn't be getting that info from him.

Thanks

·
Bubblehead
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It handles much better then you think it would. A good set of tires help as well. The R and the SR have about the same lean angles. I have Oberon foot pegs on both bikes which gave a bit more on each one. Ridden properly you have to really try to touch either bike down.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts