Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is an Indian Chief. Don't know the year. Here is a full version image, although a bit out of focus.

·
Registered
39,579 Posts
The black bike is a knucklehead , last year of production was 1947 ,
the Panhead debuted in 48.
The red bike looks like a post war Indian chief
Good catch, 1947 it is.

·
Registered
39,579 Posts
Please tell me these bikes are buried under a pile of junk in the barn waiting to be resurrected
Nope, theyve been stored in a pressurized plastic bubble filled with dehydrated nitrogen, just waiting for me to change the fluids and fire them up! And they are just as pristine now as they were in these photos!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sold long ago....sigh.
Nope, theyve been stored in a pressurized plastic bubble filled with dehydrated nitrogen, just waiting for me to change the fluids and fire them up! And they are just as pristine now as they were in these photos!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only knew a newer truck for my uncle's business when I was growing up (he is not in the photo), but the business went on until 1986, when he retired. The business was renamed Anthony's Floor Covering at some point.

·
Registered
23,045 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was Uncle Paul and Uncle Bill on the bikes. I think the Indian was around for a long time. I think that was Paul's only bike. Bill had another Harley-Davidson with a sidecar that I used to ride in in the 70's. Trying to find a photo of that one. Those prices are crazy! But they are beautiful bikes, for sure!

·
Try'n to behave
5,967 Posts
Reactions: ARIZONA MISFIT
1 - 17 of 17 Posts