Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bougjt a custum built bike. The owner/builder is deceased. I know is has a V Twin single cam Evo motor but I need to know the year of it. The bike is registered as a 2013 but that's not necessarily the year of the motor. The number stamped on the front is *BMLS047716*. I know the BM is the model but i don't know what model it stsnds for, L is the engine size 1340cc. I believe the S is the year but again I don't know what year is and I don't know what any of yje numbers stand for. I have followed a couple links from similar post to decoder sites but always get an error page. Can anyone help me decode it?
Thanks

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
FWIW. The Evo only came in a single cam configuration.

Carry on.

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
MoCo changed their ID system a few times over the years.

A google search for > Harley engine serial ID will give you enough info to make your head hurt.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Bike registered as a 2013 probably means the frame was replaced, and the new Vin was issued in 2013.

that link up there said:
The only legal VIN number for Harley’s produced after 1970 is on the frame. NO EXCEPTION! It doesn’t matter if the engine case number matches your registration papers, if the frame VIN doesn’t match the registration you have a problem! You might be able to fool a few cops or even someone at the DMV, but don’t count on it. In addition, it should go without saying that any alteration to the VIN is illegal. This goes for restamping frames or adding the original VIN to a replacement frame. If you replace the frame, you need to have a new VIN assigned to your Harley.

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
If it is a OEM/MoCo frame.

The engine number may apply to cases only too.

Think I would try to lay my hands on any receipts that are available from the work that was done.
Or parts purchased.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts