Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., Gents,
2 weeks after we get back from C3, my wife and I are headed to Yellowstone through the 4th. Going through Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming, what can I expect to find for gas along the interstate and at Yellowstone? Around here I am able to run premium 91 with no ethanol. Is ethanol fuel a staple out there or will I be able to find good fuel.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If you take any back roads in South Dakota you should probably fill up at any good station you can find. I've not noticed any ethanol in 91 Octane.

I don't think you'll have any trouble on the Interstate. Try and go up Beartooth pass just north east of Yellowstone if you can. Really beautiful.

·
Asylum Inmate
12,390 Posts
Your bike is new enough that at altitude in Wyoming you can use all the way down to 87 if you want too. Assuming it is not built into a race motor. Any other mod from Harley won't change it enough to make a difference.

You will get a lot better fuel mileage as a side.

We have regional refineries in Salt Lake City Utah so all the fuel in the higher volume stations will be fresh.

All grades here are filtered to the say TSS level.

Cheyenne, WY, Pinedale, WY, and Jackson Hole, WY will all have ethanol added to most fuels under 87 as the are non attainment on air quality.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
don't know about the fuel but if you get the chance ride chef joseph hwy out side Cody the bear tooth hwy is a great ride but don't miss chief joseph or Teton pass out side Jackson hole
flaming gorge just south of Rocksprings WY

cowboy bar in Jackson

watchout for wildlife in Yellowstone

the bison only move when the want will block roads at will
and you can count on some road construction that being said you will love it

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
...Going through Minnesota, South Dakota and Wyoming, what can I expect to find for gas along the interstate and at Yellowstone?
Yon, here are couple of things you can do... 1) Check Top Tier Gas by clicking here Top Tier Gasoline 2) Check out Gas Buddy GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada and type in the city your heading to, 3) Before you head out "Google" your route and at about 180 miles for each leg, type the following: "gas stations in X city." And as a precaution, bring a couple of bottles of Octane Booster. Safe travels!

·
Done
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No time left on our calendar. Have a family get together at Yellowstone. Then on the way home, Beartooth, Needles, Spearfish, Iron Mountain, Rushmore and Badlands. Schedule is super tight now.

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Road should be open. Might see snow. Road to the Sun is awesome!!!! Was there September 4-7 left a day early because a front was coming in. Got down to Yellowstone, Glacier got 8" of snow that day.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts