Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all and a merry Thanksgiving week to you all!!

So I have a bit of a conundrum, I'm on the hunt for a seat for my girl, for her 2008 XL883... Xmas present :)

On our last long ride of the season she complained of the discomfort of her stock solo seat on her Sporty after a good hour or two. I was like, well naturally the stock seat are like sittin on wooden boards. She then considered what I have in my 1200, a Mustang Vintage solo... but I warned her it'd raise her up an inch or so. this she did not like the sound of, as she's kinna short not to mention in love w the height of her bike as it is now w the stock seat.

Anyways long story short I'm on the prowl for a really nice SOLO seat for her. pretty dead set against 2ups...

I'm basically looking for advice on the options out there for solo seats that are excellent in the comfort dept... all I know is my mustang! anyone who wants to chime in w their thoughts or experiences are MORE than welcome!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
A buddy of mine has a bitwell that looks and he says feels great. That comming from a guy that has his 48 strutted on Louisiana highways. BTW LA highways resemble the Gaza strip smoothness.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My friend has a la pera bare bones that I thought was really comfortable seemed about the same seat height as stock when I borrowed it. The only reason I didn't get it was that I needed a 2 up for me and my wife.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Double checked it was actually the silhouette solo seat. Slightly more rounded.

Yeah I was looking at those, I'd say between the Bare Bones and the Silouette the Bare Bones appears more comfortable simply because it's wider, no? I would think that a wider seat would provide for more comfort over long distance, of course, that's assuming now. haha

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah I was looking at those, I'd say between the Bare Bones and the Silouette the Bare Bones appears more comfortable simply because it's wider, no? I would think that a wider seat would provide for more comfort over long distance, of course, that's assuming now. haha
I have a nearly new La Pera Barebones for sale. PM me if you want info. will fit a 2008.

·
Registered
373 Posts
To me width isn't as much an issue as being able to kinda fit into the seat rather than feeling like I am resting on top of it. I am on the sundowner since I needed a 2 up and I got a good deal on it and I thought the silhouette was much more comfortable than that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts