Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen on the news this morning, tornados ripped through the northern part of Texas. They said southwest of Dallas, Fortworth area. Hope all our Texas brothers are Ok. You guys check in.

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
I saw it too. Hopefully everone is alright. Things can be replaced, loved ones not so much.

·
Office Linebacker
1,218 Posts
Damn!
Seeing pics on the news just now...
Hope you's guys are ok.

I have a feeling it's gonna be a crazy summer.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
Hoping for the best for everyone in that area.

·
Registered
520 Posts
still kicking here in austin. I didnt hear a thing last night but saw a bunch of crazy videos friends on facebook were posting. Looked nuts! hope everyone is ok!

·
Harley Rider
10,489 Posts
I had friends involved in that. Thankfully they are ok. We used to live up that way and I can't say I miss the spring weather and what comes with it.

·
Banned
482 Posts
Not much left of the countryclub just 5 miles from me here in Bowie. Far as I know no one was injured though. Main problem is it's one of the very few restaurants in this area. Lost one to fire several years ago that never rebuilt. Have to wait and see what they do here now. Would not surprise me if they don't rebuild. That's the problem living out in the sticks. What business is here barley survives so it don't take much to shut them down. Just have to wait. But I can say for my own place the trees are pretty well stripped from the golf to baseball size hail. Believe me that stuff is scary loud under a tin roof like I got. But we survived. Not so with the folks in Granbury Heard they lost some lives there.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Luckily those storms died down before they got to my neck of the woods.
Prayers out to those in a world of hurt from them.

·
Super Moderator
12,529 Posts
Fine here. Funnel cloud spotted over the new outlet mall about 5 miles South of me. Prayers for those affected. that was one bad storm. Tornado sirens went on waaaaaay too long.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
We got hit today, my area that is.
Nothing like Granbury thankfully.
Lots of damage around here but none to my property.
No reported fatalities.
Nothing we haven't seen before here.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,803 Posts
This is why homeowner's insurance ads in Texas remind us

"Claims for weather exceed fire and crime combined.."

Might be true of automobile insurance claims as well.

Greatest sympathies for the people in Cleburne and Granbury.

Deja vu. I've been in a PF4 a mile wide. Louisville Ky, April 3rd, 1974,

Like a giant roto-tiller a mile wide cut a path 9 miles long through a dense residential area..

EVERYBODY in Louisville had basements, thank Heaven.

NOBODY in Texas has basements, Heaven help us.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Glad everyone is ok that has reported in.... thoughts are with those that lost friends and family, nasty looking storm...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Fine here. I'm in Crane, Tx out of town working. We didn't get anything here. Just got windy as hell. Saw some storms building up and heading east though. I think the worst of it was Dallas/Ft. Worth area and surrounding.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts