Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What sunglasses do you like for riding? For use on an open face helmet? On a full face helmet?

I am a dedicated Revo user, but wish they still made them without polarization.

Do you use a tinted visor?

I asked this next door and want to know what we think over here too.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i have ray bans not sure the style.. i have to wear them under the tented lense.. i have very light sensitive eyes.. i know boohoo right LOL..

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
What sunglasses do you like for riding? For use on an open face helmet? On a full face helmet?

I am a dedicated Revo user, but wish they still made them without polarization.

Do you use a tinted visor?

I asked this next door and want to know what we think over here too.

Is it interfering with your view through the windsheild?

I wear prescription glasses so it's easier to use the tinted visor.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not happy with polarized glass because of the distortion to the windshield in driving and with the road in both driving and riding. I do not like what it does, almost solarization of oil, road snakes and black ice to the point where it may be indistinguishable from other road conditions.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
I use.....

These: (Oakley Monster Dogs)
They fit under my full face helmet and keep my eyes from drying out.:cool:

Attachments

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Same picture I posted next door. I've gone through many different kind of glasses, goggles, etc. and these are the best ones I've found that keep all wind out of my eyes (well, goggles keep all wind out but I find them uncomfortable). I got them on ebay for under 10 bucks.

<-------you can also see them on my mug in my avatar :D

Attachments

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
I dunno, I buy $15 sunglasses and replace 'em as necessary. I suppose I'd really enjoy a 'nice' pair but... not a big thing.

I don't try to wear 'em with a FF.

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i would love a pair that transitions

i might have to look into those

·
Registered
39,573 Posts

I use WileyX LA XL3s that are light adjusting.

I don't think they make them anymore tho.

·
ther·a·peu·tic
349 Posts
Costa Del Mar for me

I have some Costa Del Mar TP2 prescription sunglasses in the darkest tint possible. They are also polarized which cuts glare on cloudy and rainy days. I wear sunglasses everyday even if it's cloudy

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Holy Chit....this isn't gonna turn into one of them purse discussions like next door is it? We're rough-tough bikers...we don't want Lux to start babbling on about Coach or Prada.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,208 Posts
I have a pair of these Swiss army surplus snow goggles that I wear when I mow the farm, the wind and pollen fill my eyes with hay otherwise, they seal against your face and are very dark, vented sides. I always thought they'd make good and/or funky riding goggles. I'd have to have prescription lenses cut. Anti-stylish.
Several styles available online.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use Oakley "Gas Cans" I find them the best out of all the sunnies i have tried. Eyeballs get a bit rattled at higher speeds (160klm+) but the rest of ya body also deteriorates pretty quickly at those speeds anyways :)

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts

·
Adding Miles
545 Posts
Oakley Gas Cans. Good lenses and have some wider sides that help keep wind and debris out.

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,132 Posts
Oakley Gas Cans. Good lenses and have some wider sides that help keep wind and debris out.
I use them too or my Costa Hammerheads both polarized. I use some Home Depot safety glasses at night.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts