Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw it yesterday afternoon with my wife while on a little out-of-town vacation. Thought it was great. Those involved with the writing and production knew the craft, the posing, the bugs, the rain, the friendships, the yearning, the riding, etc. and etc. First rate hilarious. Could tell an almost full theater thought the same.

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
We saw it on opening night and I loved it! There were few moments in the movie which didn't contain comedy. One can't go into it with the expectation that it's going to be an Oscar winner, because it's not. It is, however, one of the funniest movies in a long time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Steve,
Saw it today and laughed my ass off. Seams like when the so called film critics blast a movie I love it, go figure! not gone with the wind, but not meant to be. (not much for that one anyway). Haven't figured out how they get as far on a road trip as they do and the movie doesn't have a part that includes a stage and a brass pole?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Excellent Steve,

My wife and I are going to see it one afternoon this week. She saw the cast on Oprah last week with a few of the previews, and she thought it would be fun.

I don't know if it will convince her to do a long cross-country trip with me, though:D .

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can't remember the last time I laughed as much in a theatre, and it wasn't just me. The sold out crowd was laughing even more. I didn't recognise any of the Cincinnati scenes. I did appreciate the "50 West" street sign in the cell phone scene. I think it was shot somewhere else though. 50 by the way is known as "the Backbone of America". A good choice for the start of such a road trip. It is every bit as important as Route 66, it just never had a PR campaign behind it.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great movie isn't it. Noted that U.S. 50 West sign as well. Took the fam to Ocean City,MD for a family vacation several years ago and this is the eastern terminus for Hwy 50. When heading west at this point there is a sign noting something like "Sacramento - 2,763 miles". As you know, it cuts through Cincinnati, goes past feedlots in Kansas :), ascends Monarch Pass in Colorado, and is the "loneliest highway" in Nevada. I believe there are web sites dedicated to this road.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've gotten to where I don't expect much from comedies these days. It seems like they always show the funny parts as promo's and when I get to the theater, I'm left disappointed. The latest example I remember was Talledega Nights. Not true this time, however. I was pleasantly surprised. The whole theater was laughing out loud for most of the movie - not just a scene or two. I think it could've stood a different ending but it was okay. A few more scenes with Morissa Tomei couldn't have hurt either - right guys?

I'll definitely buy the DVD though - I think this is one of those few movies (Joe Dirt, Caddyshack, Blues Brothers, etc.) that I can watch over and over and laugh every time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it just me or did it seem a bit flakey to anyone else? Why does Hollywood push the gay stuff so much?? Is it cuz most of them (personal opinion) are of the persuasion?

Reminded me of the old Frankie Avalon beach movies. I felt like I was 12 years old at a Saturday matinee. Only thing that was missing was all the women on the sand.

They have replaced good looking women on the sand with gay state troopers, gay kareoke singers, and questionable gay co-stars. Too much gay for me.

Four bikers set out for the coast without any luggage, I doubt it. No windshields, right. Kinda stupid funny. Maybe I shoulda entered the theatre in an altered state of mind. Will not be getting the DVD.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sunday we went to see this. I thought it was very funny and worth the trip. I look forward to it coming out on DVD.

Oh and thanks CUPCAKE and Rob for taking Jeannie and I to it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Paul Sr.. now THERES a roll I didn't expect him to play lol

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I thought this movie was hilarious. My wife thought it was funnier than I did and took to naming the characters after me and my friends. I think they took the gay stuff a little far, but the cop from Scrubs was real funny I thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
finally got to see it. loved William H Macy's character.

like Max cant wait for the DVD.

·
Registered
42,939 Posts
Four bikers set out for the coast without any luggage, I doubt it. No windshields, right.
I rode from Wichita KS to Los Angeles with no winshield. :confused:

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I rode from Wichita KS to Los Angeles with no winshield. :confused:

I rode from Ashville, NC to San Francisco in 3 days 10 hours, in JANUARY on a 750 Honda with clubman bars and a blown out Kerker 4 into 1. 2 thousand mile days back to back. But I was a dumbass kid at the time. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.