Harley Davidson Forums banner

Things That Make You Smile

7K views 83 replies 44 participants last post by  Chief Illiniwek 
"Are you crazy? Sell it before you get hurt!"

Since I bought it, I'm saner than I've ever been in my life. (And I smile more than ever)

--

Ever think she was just glad you were leaving?

Too bad I talked Jen into going with me a few times. Now she always wants to go.

Cherish that.

--

I stenciled "I MUST BE CRAZY!" on the back of my rain suit. I get a kick out of looking in the rear view mirror at the stoplights and seeing folks in the cars behind me laughing.
I love this.

--

I love the horrified looks and looks of bewilderment I get when I tell people that I rode my sled to Arkansas, via Chicago. "You know it's faster to go straight to Arkansas from here....right?"

Then I tell them about next years ride. :)

Classic "Long Way Home Syndrome" -- always good for a smile.

( Like riding 1100+ miles to have a beer with some buddies :) )

--

Riding today. I'm smiling.

--

it's guys like you that cost me a lot of money! The road we live on is a favorite for bikes cutting through from a main highway to a road that runs along the river. Can't tell you how many times over the years i was doing something in the yard or on the driveway and i hear them coming then see them. Time after time after time. And it was in early 2009, i was 62, hadn't had a bike in over 30 years, mostly retired, life was good, etc., etc. But...., i finally snapped. Memorial day, 2009, went down to the harley dealer to "look around". You know how that goes--i looked and said "i'll take that one". The rest is history.

:)

--

I started smiling when my offer was accepted for my Road King -- and haven't really stopped smiling since. Sometimes it's on the inside, but it is pretty much always there. And the cool thing is, my wife is the one that first pointed this out to me.

--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.